Submitting a Research Proposal to FHS
The FHS Research Application is available to investigators with an approved account. An investigator may request an account through the Research Application link. Upon approval, a password will be emailed to the applicant. The investigator will then be able to create an application through the Research Application link and submit it for review. Proposals are dispatched as follows to one or more research review committees based on the nature of the application.
|Proposals Involving:||Will be reviewed by:|
|Application to a Sponsor for new funding||Executive Committee|
|New Participant Contact||Executive Committee|
|Third Party Involvement||Executive Committee|
|Genetic Research Requesting|
|New DNA Specimens with data||DNA Committee|
|Use of Extant DNA Specimens* with data
*DNA already in possession by the PI
|Genetic data (not from dbGaP)||DNA Committee|
|Biological specimens with data (other than DNA)||DNA and Executive Committee|
|Research (not gene-based) Requesting|
|Previously collected clinical data||Research Committee|
|Pedigree structure||Research Committee|
|Biological specimens with data||Lab and Executive Committee|
|Exam chart review||Research Committee|
|Scan image data||Research Committee|
Application submissions should be made according to the following schedule:
|For Review by:||Application Should be Received by:|
|Executive Committee||Six weeks before grant deadlines|
|Laboratory Committee||March 1, June 1, September 1, December 1|
|DNA Committee||January 15, April 15, July 15, October 15|
|Research Committee||Any time (rolling review)|
Applications received past the requested receipt date may be subject to later review.Review Committees meet as follows:
- Research Committee is on a rolling review
- Executive Committee meets monthly; usually the 3rd Tuesday of the month
- Laboratory Committee meets quarterly; usually 3 weeks after the submission deadline
- DNA Committee meets quarterly; usually 3 weeks after the submission deadline
- Does the proposal require the unique characteristics of the FHS cohort(s)?
- Is collaboration with a Framingham investigator planned?
- What Cohort(s) and Exam cycle(s) are required?
- What Framingham data and/or analyses are needed?
- Does the proposal show proof of resources for conducting the project?
- Does the proposal put minimal demand on FHS resources?